January 5, 2009

Long Time No Blog

I can’t believe it’s been almost two months since I posted. I was feeling really guilty until I started checking everyone else’s blogs; I’m not the only one who’s been busy! :)

Here’s a quick summary of the last two months:

-We spent Thanksgiving w/Chris’ family in St. George and Koosharem. While visiting Grandpa and Grandma Williams Maiki rode a 4wheeler for the 1st time.
*Thanksgiving pics are on the Kodak site.

-Our two vacancies turned into THREE and Chris has been working his butt off renovating the house on 1st and Harrison. He’s days from finishing and praying it will stop snowing so he can quit shoveling and return to renovating.

-We had a friend Christmas party and Maiki said the S word for the 1st time. (It’s too bad there were a lot of witnesses. . .)

-The ski season finally started and I’ve enjoyed getting lots of time on the snow. (Yes, a lot of it has been while Chris is working his butt off on the rentals. it's a good thing he loves me.) It’s nice to be able to enjoy my new skis (Volkl Auroras) and work on teaching, instead of just telling people what lesson they get to teach. I learned about concentrating from a 5 year old Hawaiian boy and tried to figure out how to put a 12 year old from Michigan on time out-which is nearly impossible while in a ski class.
I’ve been searching high and low for a pair of skis that will fit Maiki. The shortest I’ve found are 80s, and size 10 boots. Unfortunately, that’s WAY too big for our little squirt.

The picture of Maiki and Dylan showing off their new winter hats was too cute not to share. :)