June 24, 2010

Softball

Once upon a time softball was a HUGE part of my life. I have to admit after my dad died I didn't have the heart to play anymore. It's funny because I still ski because it helps me remember him, but I wasn't brave enough to play ball anymore. One of the gym teachers at my school has played on a co-ed team for years, and they were short girls. . . so, I started playing again. It's amazing how hard it is to do something after avoiding it for 15 years. It's even harder when the last time you did it you were really good, and now you suck. Oh well. It's been fun playing.

Here are a few random pics from one of our games. Co-ed softball is crazy! There are sooo many rules that are different: 2 strikes and you are out, there are two 1st bases, etc.
The team: Fatty McButterpants
Beth
me
The best fan club ever

me, Marge, and Chandra
(Marge and Chandra were nice enough to "fill in" for us. It's too bad the game was canceled and we didn't know until they drove all the way to Layton.)


*I really need to get a good picture w/me, Beth, and Kacey. We have at least two games left, so hopefully it'll work out.