May 14, 2010

Carter's Shower

A few weeks ago I got to co-host a baby shower for my wonderful department chair, Chris Carter. My job is SO much easier with him around. :)
(FYI: We need to invite more men to baby showers. They give interesting gifts.)

I knew things were going to go well when we pulled up and saw half a dozen cars in the driveway. I had prepped Maiki and she knew we were hosting a baby shower. She checked out all of the cars and said, "Mom-Are ALL those people taking a shower?"

Most of us were shocked to see our principal showed up (it was a nice surpise). I was even more shocked when he hid behind the couch and scared the crap out of Maiki. He used his crazy voice to tell her that the horse was hungry. She was definitely spooked and refused to talk to him; once he left she hid behind the couch and started pretending to be the horse.