February 11, 2010

Catching Up, Part II

Don't you just love how long it's taken me to finish catching up? I thought I'd finish the end of December. . . I can't believe it's nearly Valentine's Day.

DECEMBER
We had our annual dinner at Benihana's. Heidi is now 30!!!
Happy belated birthday!
It was really fun because Celeste and Beth were in town. :)


We got to see cousins we never see. (I don't have any 1st cousins-on my dad's side, so these are kids of my 2nd cousins once removed, I think. My dad's cousins' kids. What relation is that? We just say "cousin" to keep it simple.)
L to R: Charlie, Taija and Maiki

My car lit on fire!

I know, seriously. How does a car light on fire? (Unless someone starts it intentionally. . .)

New Year's Eve seems to be a cursed day for us. Last year we spent the entire evening in the ER. Chris took the garbage can outside and slipped on black ice, splitting his chin wide open. This year my car lights on fire. As Maiki would say, "What the crap?"

So, I drove up to Powder Mtn. The car did fine, we noticed a funny smell when we parked, but there wasn't any smoke, so we went in to work. I was getting ready for lessons when Mike starting yelling at me. I ignored him (if you know Mike you know why) and finally more people came running in screaming that they needed my car keys and my car was on fire. I ran outside and unlocked the car. It took three fire extinguishers to get the fire out! Thank you Hal--you rock!

JANUARY
I'm sure tons of interesting things happened, but the only must see pic is of Maiki and Mikade playing at MyGym. This pic was taken prior to Maiki flying through the air head first, right into Mikade. (She got a small bump and cried; he was fine.)
Maiki and Mikade are so funny together. I'm just glad we are documenting everything now, so we can embarass them when they are teenagers.