March 11, 2009

New Job

The new announcement is that I just accepted a position teaching at the new junior high in West Layton. :) The school will be called Legacy Junior High. The mascot is the silver wolves, and their colors are navy, crimson, and silver.

Syracuse Jr. High is actually closer to our house, but our neighborhood feeds into the new junior high. It'll add at least 10 minutes to my commute every day (it's 5 miles from Maiki's daycare), but it will be worth it to teach in a building with air conditioning.

I feel really good about the position and the principal (Ken Hadlock from KJH). My biggest worry is teaching a new class: newspaper/yearbook, and teaching on a block schedule (90 minute A/B days).

I'm finishing this year at Syracuse Jr. High, then I'll move in as soon as the school opens (next August).