October 11, 2008

Good and Bad News

Background:
For the past few years I've worked at Powder Mountain as one of the coordinators for the PowderKids program. It was a nice promotion from teaching because I got paid the entire time I worked there, instead of just when I was teaching.
Our director of nearly 30 years retired, and was replaced by our assistant director (who was one of my dad's best friends, and actually spoke at his funeral). I kept my job and had a good, but busy year (last year). Our new director cared about his employees, and ended up quiting when we didn't get the things we deserved. He was replaced this summer.

This morning I attended our 1st meeting with this unknown director. The bad news is that I was demoted; the good news is that I will now be able to freeride, and I'll have a lot more time off. I filled out my schedule, and I only have to work 20 days the entire season. =)

Now I should be able to find some free time and get Maiki on the snow.

FYI: We canceled our home phone because we never used it and felt like it was a waste of $30 every month.